incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: [REQUEST][VCLAuto]Create two new modules under SRC_ROOT to place vclauto code.
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:27:30 GMT
On 25.06.2012 10:00, Zhe Liu wrote:
> 2012/6/25 Andre Fischer <af@a-w-f.de>:
>> Hi Zhe Liu,
>>
>> we already have four test related modules under main/ (test, testautomation,
>> testgraphical, testtools).
>>
>> Would one of these be a good place to add two sub-directories for the new
>> testing code?
> Are you concerned about too many modules?

Yes.

> The new 2 modules are top level modules.  qadevoo and  testoo depend
> on testcommon.
> qadevoo->testcommon
> testoo -> testcommon
> If
> qadevoo->test/testcommon
> test/testoo ->test/testcommon
>   I don't know if it works according to the current build system. In
> addition, I don't want to overwrite the existing code. They are
> totally different. The 4 modules is maintained by nobody and can be
> removed in future, I said it in
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Test_Refactor

I see.  The goal is to remove the modules test, testautomation,
testgraphical, testtools?  Then it is OK to ignore them for now.

But then my question is: why not one new module and place testcommon and
testoo as subdirectories into it?

Besides, has the naming scheme (test{common/oo}) anything to do with the
now obsolete distinction between oo and so (the Sun only code parts)?

-Andre