incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:58:48 GMT
David McKay wrote:
> On 24/06/12 00:05, drew wrote:
>> here it is with text a little smaller and a bevel:
>> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/get-aoo-300x100-btn.png

It's nice. I especially like that the incubator logo is included there
(since we are forced to refer to the incubating state everywhere) but is
unobtrusive. (For the same reasons, I find also nice the solution Rob
adopted for blog posts).

> That does look better. Personally I'd still prefer something that
> reflects what will happen when you click it. Something along the lines
> of 'Click for download page'.

To an international audience "Download" will be more understandable than
"Get it here". And the fact that the button takes you to a download page
instead of serving immediately a file is quite irrelevant: users won't
be confused, and the extra click is a really minor annoyance.

Regards,
   Andrea.