incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From David McKay <dmc...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: Must use the incubating qualifier
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 21:38:34 GMT

On 23/06/12 22:19, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> OK, personal impression only:
>
> I find the rainbow coloring through the text of "Get it Here" to be distracting and not
helpful.  I know some subset of us know what the colors represent, but I see no need to be
cute about it.  (Yes, this will be on the final exam.)
I'm not too sure about the wording 'Get it here'. To me that isn't as
simple and clear as something like 'Click to Download'.

Might just be the way my brain is wired up, but it says to me 'you can
get it here on this web page somewhere', whereas something that
specifically says 'This is the link/image/gizmo you need to click on to
kick off the download' is evidently the bit you need to click on.

Dave.

provides alternative texts that are useful for screen readers, text-to-voice, etc., and other
accessibility-oriented purposes.  I suppose it will be tagged as English, since "Get it Here"
is.

> I'm abstaining on this: Drew provides significant effort here, and I recognize that.
 I am providing my impressions FWIW.