incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Commit message summaries
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 14:25:46 GMT
On 21/06/2012 Herbert Duerr wrote:
> There are more good reason for my suggestion to continue with the
> i-decorated issue number:
> The code base of AOO 3.4.0 already has more than 8000(!!!) code comments
> using the #i123456# convention for referencing issues in bugzilla.
> There are more than 200000 changeset comments in the OOo code history
> which also use this convention.

Even though I rarely commit and browse commit messages, the #i123456#
convention seems more natural to me too. Remember also that now
OpenOffice is sharing a source tree with other ASF project but maintains
its own BugZilla, so the #i123456# convention can be better if some
automatic handling is needed.

Regards,
   Andrea.