incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [HELP REQUIRED]: edit reference version on the website
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:58:08 GMT
On 6/22/2012 17:35, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi J├╝rgen,
>
> I've moved the navigation over to the righthand side. I think that looks much better.
>
> Please see http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/api/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/auth/module-ix.html

<snip>

Dave,

A few thoughts on the nav column:

* (Personal): "You are messing with the tools in my workshop. You need a
very good reason to do that ... "

* Both Mwiki and Cwiki have their nav info on the left. For those
accustomed to LTR languages, there is a certain natural hierarchy of
position involved.

* Is a nav column really the best use of screen real-estate? The Apache
main site cleverly relegates a lot of navigation to the footer. Perhaps
a "Navigation" button link thereto?

* IIRC, the SDK provides a local copy of the API. Will that look the
same as the web site?

/tj/