incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer>
Subject Re: build in gbuild modules
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:30:07 GMT
On 22.06.2012 09:16, Chao Huang wrote:
> hi, Andre
> It's very cool to run "build" in gbuild module. How about build with the
> parallel flag? Does "build -P4" work well? Thank!

I don't think that will work out of the box. first calls dmake on the <module>/prj/ which then
chains gbuild on <module>/Makefile.  All flags have to be forwarded from
the commandline via and  At the moment the
forwarding is done in every single of the makefile.mks.  Maybe this can
be done in a central place in one of the makefiles in solenv/inc that
are included anyway.

When I find the time then I will try to make -P<n> work.

> 2012/6/21 Andre Fischer <>
>> Hi,
>> I just wanted to let you know that I improved a little bit so
>> that it is now possible to call 'build' in gbuild modules.  Up to now that
>> lead to the message
>>         This module has been migrated to GNU make.
>>         You can only use build --all/--since here with
>>         To do the equivalent of 'build && deliver' call:
>>             make -sr
>> and so on.  This may be instructive the first ten times but eventually
>> becomes just annoying.
>> Fixing this was very simple, just disable the warning, and forward
>> debug=<value> definitions from the 'build' command line to the 'make' calls.
>> To make a long story short, it is now possible to eg build sw by calling
>>     build
>> If you don't like the improvement then just don't call build in gbuild
>> modules.
>> Regards,
>> Andre

View raw message