incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1][DEV-BUILD]: propose first dev snapshot build for AOO 3.4.1 based on revision 1351633
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:51:56 GMT
On 6/22/12 7:05 AM, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> Hi,

>>> Great to see progress with new Dev Builds.
>>>
>>> I would suggest to reuse the old page (rename it first to get rid of the
>>> version number). Then you don't need always to build up a new page and
>>> the download webpage doesn't need to be updated everytime with a new
>>> link which difference is just the version number.
>>>
>>> So, a webpage URL name like this would be better and chances to live
>>> longer are much higher. ;-)
>>>
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
>>>

> I agree, using a page with a stable page name such as the
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
>
> would be better. That's why I had created it many months ago. I suggest
> to add the details of our next development snapshot builds to that page
> instead of the short-lived micro-release-specific pages.

you didn't promote this page good enough ;-)

But as I mentioned yesterday I am not very happy with the current
structure and it is not well structured.
I didn't remember that the wiki page is linked from the download page
but that is indeed a good reason to have a more stable page.

I will move the content and will create a further section for the
upcoming 3.5 dev builds as well.

Juergen