incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RELEASE][3.4.1][DEV-BUILD]: propose first dev snapshot build for AOO 3.4.1 based on revision 1351633
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 05:05:07 GMT
Hi,

> On 06/19/2012 01:18 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>> Am 06/19/2012 01:15 PM, schrieb J├╝rgen Schmidt:
>>> [...]
>>> The builds will be made available under
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4.1+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
>>
>> Great to see progress with new Dev Builds.
>>
>> I would suggest to reuse the old page (rename it first to get rid of the
>> version number). Then you don't need always to build up a new page and
>> the download webpage doesn't need to be updated everytime with a new
>> link which difference is just the version number.
>>
>> So, a webpage URL name like this would be better and chances to live
>> longer are much higher. ;-)
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots

I agree, using a page with a stable page name such as the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds
would be better. That's why I had created it many months ago. I suggest
to add the details of our next development snapshot builds to that page
instead of the short-lived micro-release-specific pages.

On 06/22/2012 12:22 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Marcus...probably a good idea. I didn't see your post in this thread and
> saw we were already a couple of days out on this, so I just changed the
> old developer link on download/index.html

Thanks. That was a good idea.
I think you agree that not having to update the link to new snapshot
builds every time would be better?

Herbert