incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Guidelines for list conduct policy
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 06:10:13 GMT
On 6/20/12 1:42 AM, drew wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-06-19 at 16:21 -0700, Kay Schenk wrote:

PPMC
>>> not in
>>> should
>>> a very
>>> assumed
>>> location

>>> OK if that is really just about private lists, but the last sentence
>>> read to me as if it was broader.
>>>
>>> Anyway - to be honest I find the whole subject rather silly. Does anyone
>>> really need to be told that what happens on a private list is by
>>> definition to be held in confidence?
>>>
>>> //drew
>>>

>> Well, Drew, I think this is why this whole discussion started. Most of us
>> would think the answer to your question is "no", but, well, apparently
>> there was some looser interpretation that some felt needed  clarification.
>
> Not at all - someone violated that trust, everyone knew it was wrong,
> there didn't need to be rules written for folks to know that.
>
> But that is just my opinion of course.

+1

and often thinking twice before answering helps also. People shouldn't
simply follow some rules, more important is to understand, to listen and
if necessary the ability to adapt/change the own behaviour.

Write never something that conflicts with the general rules on mailing
lists and never write something that you wouldn't like to read abut
yourself ;-)

Juergen