incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: official logos ???
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:18:09 GMT
Le lun. 18 juin 2012 00:54:08 CEST, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> a écrit :
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM, Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:
>> I don't see any clear direction for the logos.
>
> Can you be more specific?  What do you think needs clarification?

Current branding is a mix of the refresh set with the orb (Start center, splash screen, taskbar,
about, ...) and former icons (MIME, applications).
It's rather strange because there is a gap between the new icons and the old ones (the old
set is quite old fashioned IMHO).

> We had a logo contest and vote for AOO 3.4.0.  I think AOO 3.4.1 will
> use the same logo.

I don't remember any vote at all. I've found that old thread dated end of last year: old colored
vs new monochrome icons. Rather long so will have a look at it tomorrow. But if there is a
message that concludes it, it would be great!

I've checked the following page and its child pages: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Branding+Planning
Only the product logo is clearly mentioned as "voted".

NB: will review the "old colored vs new monochrome icons" topic and either revive it or create
a new topic. Target being to make progress on the MIME and application icons (at least for
AOO 4).
For the record:
Old icons: http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo30MimeType.html
Refresh icons: http://www.openoffice.org/ui/VisualDesign/OOo3_refresh.html