incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Reizinger Zoltán <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]Next steps for automated testing
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2012 14:05:26 GMT
2012.06.15. 8:31 keltezéssel, Zhe Liu írta:
> Hi all,
> As mentioned before, I was working on a Java library to perform gui
> testing. Actually it has been implemented on Symphony source code. It
> involves 3 modules:
> 1.
> It contains all testing scripts. Some JUnit testcases have been
> written in the package "testcase". Smoke testing is re-implemented
> based on the lib. We also developed some performance testing script,
> but not include in svn.
> 2.
> It contains the low-level implementation to do GUI testing.
> 3.
> It contains the common utilities used by uno api testing and GUI testing.
> I also wrote one wiki page to introduce it.

I'm not a coder, but I run the old VCLtool in past, used for translation
testing, by creating screenshots from each dialog.
This will be possible with new tool?

I try to setup this test configuration on my win7.
I can set up and build test enviroment, and could build it, but can not
run the example test.
Needs some more help on JUnit configuration. Which test class I can use?

> I propose to do the following tasks next.
> 1. Migrate the library to our AOO trunk. I has successfully used it to
> test AOO 3.4 with some patch.
> symphony/trunk/main/testcommon->ooo/trunk/main/testcommon
> symphony/trunk/main/testgui->ooo/trunk/main/testgui
> symphony/trunk/main/test->ooo/trunk/main/test   or
> ooo/trunk/main/testoo  (Avoid to conflict with the test module that
> already exists in AOO)
> 2. Setup several testing machines to do build verification testing on
> daily build. Post the result on somewhere(e.g. wiki, or maillist) .
> The testing platforms includes:
> Windows XP
> Windows 7 32b/64b
> Mac os x
> Redhat
> Suse
> Ubuntu
> ...? (pls suggest)
> 3. Continue to clean up the UNO API testing. I tried to run it and
> found there are too many failures and some errors. I think API testing
> is very valuable.It is essential to revive it.
> Welcome to comment.

View raw message