incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service - next steps
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 20:19:27 GMT

-

>>> I tend to agree with you.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, #2 is not a real advantage (I'm only speak for the German
>>> webpage). The main page is in German, yes, but right the next click
>>> on the
>>> big donwload button brings the user to an English-speaking webpage.
>>>
>>> However, I would say that the "http://www.openoffice.org/de/" link
>>> can be
>>> indeed chosen. Just because this will give the German main page more
>>> attention than before. And - who knows - maybe also more volunteers
>>> willing
>>> to work on the German webpages.

>> I have activated OOo 3.3 update for: - Chinese (simplified) with download
>> page http://www.openoffice.org/zh-cn/ - Chinese (traditional) with
>> http://www.openoffice.org/zh-tw/ - Dutch with
>> http://www.openoffice.org/nl/downloaden.html - French with
>> http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Telecharger/ - German with
>> http://www.openoffice.org/de/

When I call again the Check Update funtion in OOo 3.3.0 I get to the
main download page with the following URL:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade

No indication about "de" in the URL and I don't pointed to the German
main page.

However, in SVN I see this:

http://www.openoffice.org/de/?utm_source=OOo3_3_de&amp;utm_medium=Client&amp;utm_campaign=Upgrade

Is there something wrong or do I have overlooked a byte?

Thanks

Marcus