incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: Question about code
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 08:14:18 GMT
Hello,

On 13.06.2012 21:19, Ochirov Nikolay wrote:
> Hello!
> I have 2 questions
> What is the difference between functions  getDeployedPackages and
> getDeployedExtensions?

I have been looking at the desktop code myself in the last weeks to fix
some extension related bugs.  And I can still not answer that question.
  Just one idea: I think that extensions are one type of package that
can be deployed.  If that is true then getDeployedExtensions should
return a subset of getDeployedPackages.

> And what the difference between bundled, shared and user extension?
> I don't understand it :-(

I feel your pain.

Bundled is a temporary state of extensions.  It is used for extensions
that are shipped with the office but are not pre-registered (those have
the state prereg).  Once either one (bundled or prereg) is installed it
is either shared (installed system wide and usable by every user) or
user (installed only for one user).

All this without any warranty.  The code in desktop is much to complex
for what it does.

-Andre