incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Final look at art work ( Re: First Year Anniversary - party CD)
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 20:36:46 GMT

On 06/13/2012 03:26 AM, drew wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-13 at 11:11 +0100, sebb wrote:

Drew--

Any chance these could be made a bit more generic and uploaded to the
marketing/art area?

http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/cdart/previous_cdart.html

and...where can folks get the downloads?

I don't see them on http://lo-portal.us (???)

>>> Just space requirements..
>>
>> All the software packages I have seen which target Windows either omit
>> Microsoft or spell it out in full.
>> AFAIK "MS" is not an official abbreviation for Microsoft; they may not
>> be too happy.

>>> Hi Sebb,
>>>
>>> It should be a registered trademark glyph, there was a mistake earlier
>>> today and you may just need do a cache refresh.
>>
>> I can see the (R) now, however it is not appropriately used.
>>
>> AFAIK, the terms that are registered are
>>
>> Microsoft
>> Windows
>> Vista
>>
>> So the block should be:
>>
>> Microsoft (R) Windows (R)
>> XP, Vista (R), Win 7
>>
>> (or is it called Windows 7?)
>>
>> It might be OK to omit the (R) after Vista.
>>
>> The following line is misleading and should be removed:
>>
>> (R) 2012 Microsoft Corporation
>>
>> Have a look at some other recent products that are designed
>> for/support Windows and see what they do.
>
> Actually I had seen it used on a package, though not with the
> abbreviation and it doesn't make it right per se, anyway..I suppose
>
> So - acted on Alexandro's comments and yours, and as usual, listening
> does end up with a better result...updated the file here
> http://lo-portal.us/aoo/temp/AOO34-cd-label-win.png
>
> //drew

MzK

"There's no crying in baseball!"
        -- Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks), "A League of Their Own"