incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Jopp <j...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Next steps for Symphony and AOO
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:53:45 GMT

Am 12.06.2012 21:46, schrieb Regina Henschel:
[...]
> I do not like version II. It is not about objective reasons, but about
> emotions. I'm involved in OpenOffice.org more then ten years. After
> Oracle shuts it down, being at Apache gives more the feeling of a
> translation than of a new product. Using Symphony as base feels like
> loosing OOo a second time.

+1

And I think it's not just about emotions. If you take A as base and pick
the enhancements of B you'll get an enhanced A. You won't probably
remove features from A but take only some of B.

So the decision between Method I and II is also the decision to work for
an enhanced OOo/AOO or for an enhanced Symphony.