incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Distribution FAQ...
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:39:47 GMT
My attempt at a "Distribution FAQ" that I thought might be just appended
as part of our current, already modified Distribution page is here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/*DRAFT*+Distribution+FAQ

VERY short and sweet. Well, why re-invent the wheel. Lots of information
available already.

I think we should explicitly address the last item there, but I don't
know what to say.

I thought the wiki would be a good place for this for now -- both from
additional editing/discussion and because it's easy to convert the cwiki
pages to HTML.

It might be best for record keeping to post comments here though in
addition to making any changes.

Also -- on the current

http://www.openoffice.org/distribution/

we have this sentence...

We've suspended this program, until the Apache OpenOffice project
determines how a similar service might be enabled in the future, one
that will give users greater assurance that they are receiving the
latest version of OpenOffice.

which I suspect we change depending on the outcome of the last item in
the FAQ page.

MzK

"There's no crying in baseball!"
        -- Jimmy Dugan (Tom Hanks), "A League of Their Own"