incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Paolo Pozzan <pa...@z2z.it>
Subject Re: [Marketing][UX] Who wants to do a Content Experiment?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2012 18:14:17 GMT
Il 08/06/2012 15:54, Rob Weir ha scritto:
> A "Content Experiment" is when we create several version of the same
> web page and test it with users to see which version performs best.
> Google Analystics has a feature where it can run such experiments for
> us automatically, tracking all the statistics for us, and telling us
> which version of a page gives the optimal results.
>
> One particular scenario I think we could really improve on is what I
> call the "Windows Unrecognized ODF File" scenario.  It goes like this;

[cut]

> So here is the experiment.  Let's try to get a handful of alternate
> destination pages that speak to this scenario and provide the
> information that would be most useful to this kind of user.  It could
> be a modified version of the download page.  It could be a new
> intermediate landing page that provides context and then links to the
> existing download page.  Whatever you think would work best.
>
> We can then run the experiment, say for a month,  letting Google
> randomly present users with the various alternate pages and measure
> what the download %'s are for each version.  The winner will gain
> eternal fame and glory, maybe even a blog post.
>
> I'm willing to do the technical work on setting up the experiment and
> prepping the website to support it.  What I need are volunteers to
> come up with alternate landing pages for this scenario, ones that we
> can include in the experiment.

Do you also have statistics of where in the world this referrals come
from? It will surely help users to have that page in his/her own
language and I think it wouldn't be difficult to set this up with what
we already have.
You talked about IE6 but from what I can see here [1] english speaking
countries are not on the top list.

About other kind of pages to Content Experiment them, do you need an
HTML, a mock-up, just the basic concepts or what? I can work on creating
some alternatives.

Paolo

[1] http://www.ie6countdown.com/