incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "O.Felka" <olaf-openoff...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Installation Experience and Feedback
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 07:57:03 GMT
Am 08.06.2012 19:00, schrieb sebb:
> On 7 June 2012 03:57, Gavin McDonald <gavin@16degrees.com.au> wrote:

Hi,

>> b. The program 'Unpacks' to a folder on the 'Desktop' - Why? Really we
>> should be choosing the 'Downloads' folder.

We've decided to place them on the desktop so that every user can find
them easily.
Every user has the choice to unpack them into a different folder.

> Better yet, use a folder under %TEMP% and delete it after use.

No!

> AFAICT, the unpacked files are only needed for installation, and one
> still has the initial download, so why clutter up the disk?

this is not true. The unpacked files are needed for the so called
'maintenance mode': Starting the setup from the control panel offers you
a repair and a modify mode. That's what the unpacked files are needed for.
What we might delete is the packed file.

Groetjes,
Olaf