incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: *DRAFT FINAL* June board report
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 07:48:26 GMT
On 08.06.2012 08:58, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [...] If someone earns merit they earn merit, it makes no
> difference how that merit is earned.

I totally agree and that is exactly why I am concerned about the
fast-tracking of committership for procedural reasons and not for merit.

> I propose the problem is in the workflow not in the structure of ASF
> projects. If that is the case then we need to examine why non-committer
> translators are unable to contribute efficiently. Find out why our default
> policies say they need to be committees and address that issue.
>
> For example, are contributions to Pootle any different to patches sent via
> JIR# from an IP point of view? If not then there is no need for an ICLA but
> there is a need for an audit trail.

In JIRA or Bugzilla one doesn't have to be a committer to attach a patch
but one has to be logged in. If there were a similar role in
https://cwiki.apache.org/INFRA/translate-pootle-service-auth-levels.html
there would be no problem.

Herbert