incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: After long-running GUI testing, AOO3.4 becomes slower and slower, and occupies more and more memory
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 07:07:37 GMT
Hi,

On 08.06.2012 03:43, Zhe Liu wrote:
> Hi all,
> This week I did some long-running GUI testing on AOO 3.4 using Java on
> my iMac. After about 23 hours, the memory occupied by soffice changed
> from 90MB to 600MB. And soffice became very slow.
> My scenario is
> 1. Create new Text Document/Spreadsheet/Presentation/Drawing.
> 2. Input some simple text in it.
> 3. Save and then reopen it.
> 4. Repeat the above steps.
> I think AOO has memory leak issue. Did we perform this kind of testing before?

As far as I know we did not had such kind of tests for AOO 3.4.
When I am remembering it correct there are certain efforts regarding memory
leaks in the past for former versions - may be some documentation on it will be
found in the wiki (the MediaWiki one).

In order to solve this area I see it more sa little project than just a fix for
a single issue. As you can see from the issue query, posted by Zhe Liu, there
seems to be problems in different areas of our project.

just my 2 cents,
Oliver.