incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: *DRAFT FINAL* June board report
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:47:52 GMT
On 6/7/12 11:28 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 7 June 2012 05:50, Herbert Duerr <hdu@apache.org> wrote:

>> I think we maybe should add one more topic here: Working with pootle
>> currently requires committership, which results in translators having having
>> to be fast-tracked when they show up on the mailing list. The board needs to
>> decide if this short-circuiting of the process is desirable or not and what
>> the alternatives are.
>
> No, need, that's not a board level issue. It's up to the project to define its
> own expectations of committers.

it's a very bad limitation. I would prefer a user management which
allows registration (by email verification) of new users and where new
users agree to contribute under the Apache license. Maybe combined with
an iCLA but not necessarily require to be committer.

But I am not sure if something like that would be possible at all.

Otherwise we have to deal with the current approach and hope that we can
reach volunteers to accept this approach and work together with them on
a fast-track.

Juergen