incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service - next steps
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:24:38 GMT
Hi,

On 06.06.2012 22:50, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 06/06/2012 03:39 PM, schrieb Oliver-Rainer Wittmann:
>> Hi,
>>
>> from what we have experienced so far from the "first phase" of the OOo
>> 3.3 update service it makes sense to me to have the full OOo 3.3 update
>> service working at the end of this week.
>>
>> As we would like to direct our users to a localized download page, if
>> possible, I want to put our attention on the "planned" download pages.
>> Rob already started a similar thread - namely "Audit of NL home pages"
>> [1], but I am not sure, if the one or the other already took action.
>>
>> Please provide feedback regarding to which page the OOo 3.3 update
>> functionality should direct the user for these languages.
>>
>> Arabic -> ?
>>
>> Chinese (simplified) -> ?
>>
>> Chinese (traditional) -> ?
>>
>> Czech -> ?
>>
>> Dutch -> http://www.openoffice.org/nl/downloaden.html
>>
>> English (US) -> http://www.openoffice.org/download
>>
>> French -> http://www.openoffice.org/fr/Telecharger/
>>
>> Galician -> ?
>>
>> German -> ?
>
> German -> http://www.openoffice.org/download
>
> On the mainpage "http://www.openoffice.org/de/" there is only one big link that
> points to the central download webpage.
>
> However, there are still some errors, so I'll update the site a bit to make it
> more Apache-like.

Thx for the feedback.

Thus, for German we will direct the user to English (US) download page.

Question for discussion:
Should we use the English (US) download page as a fallback for the languages for
which we have no localized download page?
orw's opinion: I am not in favor of such a fallback, but I currently see no
other solution.

Another question for discussion:
Does it make sense to adapt the URL parameter "utm_source=OOo3_3" to
"utm_source=OOo3_3_[language code]" in order to distinguish the languages on
this level?

Best regards, Oliver.