incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: *DRAFT* June board report...please help
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 17:33:01 GMT

On 06/05/2012 05:34 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> On 6 June 2012 01:20, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 5:06 PM, Ross Gardler<rgardler@opendirective.com>wrote:
>>> On 6 June 2012 00:14, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:

>> OK, here is the latest revision--and guess what, after some digging, I
>> found the SPI deal is done! YAY!
>
> Hold up...
>
>> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel/16846
>
> Sorry to disappoint. The cheque mentioned in that post was cancelled
> due to the change in chair of Fundraising and further questions being
> asked here in the ASF. See
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel/16845/match=schultheiss
>
> Unfortunately my note about "further questions" overlapped with the
> cheque notification otherwise I would have kept my mouth shut and
> returned the money if approval had not been given. Sometimes email and
> a rotating planet work against us...
>
> Ross

Ross...this coupled with your earlier comment...

"There is certainly improvement but still the SPI issue is not
resolved, calling that out explicitly makes me thing the PPMC is
unaware of activity on this issue. This is falling between the cracks,
partly because a change in VP fundraising resulted in a further delay
after the issue seemed to be resolved on the SPI side. However, the
item was raised at the last board meeting and everything should now be
cleared up. I have it on my todo list to close this off, but that
would not be the PPMC being self-managing and nobody here has asked me
what needs to be done still (if someone could pick this up I'd be
grateful, just mail fundraising@apache.org and ask if we are clear to
have SPI transfer funds)."

OK, in my mind, the PPMC *was* self-managing in addressing this
initially, and the post I referenced. So, I will need to modify this
comment in some way that makes sense.

a confusing set of events...
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel/16759

> Ross
>
> Ross

MzK

"Everything will be all right in the end...
  if it's not all right then it's not the end. "
                -- Sonny, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel"