incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service "first phase"
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:03:02 GMT
Hi,

On 06.06.2012 14:27, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 6:33 AM, Roberto Galoppini<rgaloppini@geek.net>  wrote:

>>> Yea, actually traffic on Mondays is generally lighter, though. For
>>> sure yesterday over 13k opened a browser from within OpenOffice.org
>>> 3.3. Later this week I'll share some projections for the rest of the
>>> world.

>>> No problem at all.
>>>

>> I see 129,193 downoads (just install, all languages) yesterday, which
>> makes it our largest single day.
>>
>> I know Oliver's original plan was to run with just the Italian update
>> for the week and then turn on all of the downloads.  I wonder if it
>> would make sense to adjust that plan slightly, so we ramp up the load
>> gradually over the week?  That might make it easier to adjust things
>> as we go versus doing it all at once next week.
>>
>> For example, we could add another European country today, along with
>> one Asian one.  Because of timezone differences, the combined load of
>> say Italy plus Spain plus Japan would not be as large.
>
> Yea, we might do that, I'd just like to have one full day serving
> auto-updates from a given country, so that we can make educated guess
> for the global traffic.
>
>> Then we check again tomorrow, if everything is still working well, we
>> can add another country or two.  And so on.  A gradual ramp up.
>>
>> Would that work for SourceForge?
>
> That's totally fine with us, as I said I'd like just to start doing
> this by tomorrow. Would it work for you too?

I think it is a good idea to refine the initial plan as things seems to go quite
well.

Thus, I am proposing to activate the OOo 3.3 update service for Spanish and
Japanese tomorrow 10:00 (GMT+2).
The Spanish download page [1] seems to be in a good shape.
The Japanese download page [2] looks also good.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/
[2] http://www.openoffice.org/ja/download/

Any objections to activate the OOo 3.3 update service for es and ja?

Best regards, Oliver