incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: The new fetch_tarballs.sh
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:45:48 GMT
Hi,

I made the new downloading script the default, so that any errors can be
found soon.  Maybe it can then be integrated into the 3.4.1 branch.

On 05.06.2012 18:14, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
[...]
>>> One wish for the future .. hmm.. if I use the external
>>> package (for example for python) it would be nice to
>>> disable downloading the corresponding tarballs too.

I added most of the guards.

>> That is possibly now by just changing the data file. I
>> provided the script.  We all can provide the data.
>>
>> There are other things to do, not necessary but nice to
>> have:
>>
>> - Fill in the missing original download sites.
>>
>> - Solve the issues with mismatching MD5 sums.
>>
>> - (mentioned above) Guard more libraries with the same flags
>> that control in their makefiles whether they are build.
>>

> Oh, BTW, I didn't carry the checksummed license texts
> in ooo-extras: they are simply useless for building.
> I moved the relevant parts of the texts to the download
> descriptions, it seemed more reasonable to have there.

Good idea.

> I am thinking of adding support for binary blobs
> in both rhino and saxon as the Apache policy is OK
> about carrying Java binaries.

Good idea, provided that the license of the libraries allows us to put
the pre-build packages, with the applied patches, on a server.

[...]

-Andre