incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP][UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" will be active today at 10:00 (GMT+2)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:20:01 GMT
On 05/06/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> how many clicked that link, and then what % of them downloaded.
> So by that definition, the conversion rate is 59%.  But what is odd is
> the breakdown by operating system:
> Windows 66%
> Mac 30%
> Linux 63%
> So something seems odd about the low conversion rate for Mac users.

I read this as "out of 100 Windows users, 66 download the new version"
and so on right? So the "oddity" would be that only 30 out of 100 Mac
users actually initiate the download.

> Could someone check to the Italian website to make sure we're not
> saying something confusing or incorrect about the Mac port?

The texts haven't changed and there isn't anything specific about the
Mac version (we merely specify it's for Intel architecture, but this has
been there for years too). Moreover, versions are listed on the right
hand side of http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/ too in case
autodetect fails and the user cannot realize that the "Other platforms"
link is what he needs.

Regards,
   Andrea.