incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP][UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" will be active today at 10:00 (GMT+2)
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:35:12 GMT
Hi,

On 05.06.2012 11:40, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just for your interest.
>>
>> I will activate the OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" today at 10:00
>> (GMT+2).
>> In the "first phase" Italian OOo 3.3 instances on Windows, MacOS X, Linux
>> 32bit and Linux 64bit will be notified through the update functionality that
>> AOO 3.4 is available. The users will be directed to the Italian download
>> page [1].
>
> I started testing OpenOffice.org 3.2, and the application told me that
> there was an update available.
> The browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_it.html?cid=920897
> that actually doesn't work.
>
> So I did disinstall OOo 3.2 and the browser pointed to the following
> page: http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/deinstall that actually
> doesn't work.
> After installing OOo 3.3 the application didn't check automatically,
> not even after I set the daily check for updates

I had a clean Italian OOo 3.3 installation on a Windows 7 machine.
After I had turned on the daily update check and after a restart it takes 2-3
minutes until OOo 3.3 reports that an AOO 3.4 update is available.

If you still have your OOo 3.3 installed, you may check again tomorrow, if the
update check is performed automatically.
In advance you can have a look at Menu Tools - Options - Online Update. You can
find here the date and time of the last successful update check.

> Then I did check it and I've been redirected to
> http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> as expected, and I eventually downloaded the AOO 3.4 file.

Sounds good.

Best regards, Oliver.