incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject unexpected experience with OOo 3.2 update service [was: Re: [HEADS UP][UPDATE SERVICE] OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" will be active today at 10:00 (GMT+2)]
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:22:52 GMT
Hi,

On 05.06.2012 11:40, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> just for your interest.
>>
>> I will activate the OOo 3.3 update service "first phase" today at 10:00
>> (GMT+2).
>> In the "first phase" Italian OOo 3.3 instances on Windows, MacOS X, Linux
>> 32bit and Linux 64bit will be notified through the update functionality that
>> AOO 3.4 is available. The users will be directed to the Italian download
>> page [1].
>
> I started testing OpenOffice.org 3.2, and the application told me that
> there was an update available.
> The browser opened the following page:
> http://update.services.openoffice.org/ooo/index_it.html?cid=920897
> that actually doesn't work.
>
> So I did disinstall OOo 3.2 and the browser pointed to the following
> page: http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/deinstall that actually
> doesn't work.
> After installing OOo 3.3 the application didn't check automatically,
> not even after I set the daily check for updates
> Then I did check it and I've been redirected to
> http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade
> as expected, and I eventually downloaded the AOO 3.4 file.
>
> Guess we need to double check what's going on with OOo 3.2, I didn't
> expect it to say there are updates, though.

What you have experienced with your OOo 3.2 installation is really unexpected.

I have a clean OOo 3.2 installation on my Windows 7 machine. Its UpdateURL is
http://update34.services.openoffice.org/ProductUpdateService/check.Update which
currently can not be resolved to any existing HTTP resource. Thus, my OOo 3.2
installation reports that the update check fails.
Thus, I have no glue, why your OOo 3.2 installation could report an available
update.
I do not assume that you have a backup of your OOo 3.2 installation. If you have
it nevertheless, please share the "version.ini" resp. "versionrc" file, found in
the program folder of this installation, with me.

Best regards, Oliver.