incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andre Fischer ...@a-w-f.de>
Subject Re: The new fetch_tarballs.sh
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2012 06:56:07 GMT
Hi Pedro,

On 04.06.2012 22:05, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Thank you Andre!
>
> I normally dislike perl but external_libs.lst surely
> looks nice now.

Thanks. Well, I dislike Python and did not want to introduce yet another
scripting language.

> One wish for the future .. hmm.. if I use the external
> package (for example for python) it would be nice to
> disable downloading the corresponding tarballs too.

That is possibly now by just changing the data file. I provided the
script.  We all can provide the data.

There are other things to do, not necessary but nice to have:

- Fill in the missing original download sites.

- Solve the issues with mismatching MD5 sums.

- (mentioned above) Guard more libraries with the same flags that
control in their makefiles whether they are build.

> BTW, should I also upload the Category A tarballs to
> ooo-extras?

For me that is a question of convenience.  Moving them (not just copying
them) to another site would mean that a simple SVN checkout would not
put these tarballs on your local disk.

Regards,
Andre

[...]