incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Draft] How to Help Translate Apache OpenOffice
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 23:49:12 GMT
On 04/06/2012 Rob Weir wrote:
> [ I'd love to start a new list, ooo-i10n@incubator.apache.org to
> handle this and the following translation coordination issues ]

I'm not sure the current traffic would justify it, but at due time it
would make sense (and as Juergen wrote the name should be "l10n" or "i18n").

> 1) You can send a note to the ooo-dev list [or ooo-i10n list if we
> make one] requesting the PO file for that language.

It is a set of files, so everything around here should be plural.

> [ I need a list of some suggested tools that can be used with PO files ]

It will be enough to list http://www.poedit.net/ (it's even category A,
for those sensitive to differences among free software licenses).

> [ A separate topic, and one where we could use an equivalent document,
> would be How to Help Translate the Website ]

Yes but I wasn't able to find effective ways to do so as non-committers,
even though I've read somewhere that the bookmarklet should support
suggestions from anonymous users.

Regards,
   Andrea.