incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:39:02 GMT
Hi,

>>> Tomorrow at which time?
>>>

>> If nobody objects and nothing unforeseen happened I would like to start tomorrow
>> European morning at 10:00 (GMT+2).
>>
>> FYI, I have to check with ASF infrastructure team, if the redirect will be
>> available at this time.
>>

> ASF infrastructure team has established the redirect. It needs to be propagated
> through the dns servers - will take some time.
> I will check the redirect today. May be I will also get some numbers in advance
> - how many OOo 3.3 instances are trying today to contact the update service.

I have checked the redirect - it is working.
Thanks a lot to the ASF infrastructure team which helped me a lot.

Since the redirect has been established at approx. noon in Europe we already had
more than 600k HTTP GET request to the (currently not existing) check.Update file.

Thus, I am looking forward to what will happen tomorrow.

Best regards, Oliver.