incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 10:11:57 GMT
Hi,

> On 04.06.2012 10:11, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
>> <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> My personal opinion is that an update service for OOo 3.3, OOo 3.2.1 and OOo
>>> 3.2 is enough to reach our user base. May be also for OOo 3.1.1 and OOo 3.1,
>>> if we see a high number of users on OOo 3.2.1 and OOo 3.2.

>>> Thanks.
>>> Let see what happens, when we start tomorrow with the "Italian OOo 3.3
>>> update service".
>>
>> Tomorrow at which time?
>>

> If nobody objects and nothing unforeseen happened I would like to start tomorrow
> European morning at 10:00 (GMT+2).
>
> FYI, I have to check with ASF infrastructure team, if the redirect will be
> available at this time.

ASF infrastructure team has established the redirect. It needs to be propagated
through the dns servers - will take some time.
I will check the redirect today. May be I will also get some numbers in advance
- how many OOo 3.3 instances are trying today to contact the update service.

Our first phase XML document check.Update will be in place tomorrow morning. I
have a working copy a the same URL as file check.Update.full.

Best regards, Oliver.