incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 08:02:09 GMT
Hi,

On 02.06.2012 18:21, Kay Schenk wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 2:24 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann<
> orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>>   One other question:  does this take care of OOo 3.2 upgrades as well?
>>>

>> Not yet planned nor tested, but I assume that the XML document only needs
>> minor adjustments.
>> OOo 3.2 has the UpdateURL http://update34.services.**openoffice.org/.<http://update34.services.openoffice.org/.>
>> ..
>> OOo 3.2.1 has the Update URL http://update35.services.**openoffice.org/.<http://update35.services.openoffice.org/.>
>> ..
>>
>> But once the update service is working for OOo 3.3, we can easily do the
>> same for OOo 3.2 and OOo 3.2.1 (and even former versions).
>

> Oliver,  don't go any further back than maybe 3.1. The 3.0 update URL is
> the one that uses POST instead of GET, and creates mayhem!
>
> This is update30....
>
> DO NOT redirect this one. I don't know about some of the others.
>
> We should probably be fie with update34, update 35.

My personal opinion is that an update service for OOo 3.3, OOo 3.2.1 and OOo 3.2
is enough to reach our user base. May be also for OOo 3.1.1 and OOo 3.1, if we
see a high number of users on OOo 3.2.1 and OOo 3.2.

> Everything else seems great!

Thanks.
Let see what happens, when we start tomorrow with the "Italian OOo 3.3 update
service".

Best regards, Oliver.