incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Emanuele <emanuel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 22:02:06 GMT
Hello all,

Jihui Choi wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 2, 2012 at 10:35 PM, RGB ES <rgb.mldc@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> AFAIK, AOO installer on windows ask for file association, but maybe
>> not with enough insistence: while I agree that the "next, next, end +
>> needed OK without thinking" culture on this day computer world is
>> plain wrong, it is not our task to change it.
>>

> It's not. That is the problem at this point.
> AOO installer doesn't ask me whether it will open MS office format
> files by itself.
> I read all sentences carefully even inside custom installation option while I
> installed AOO 3.4 three times for testing this problem.
> If it does, no problem at all. :)

Just for the record:
http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2323/screen64.png
it's part of the custom install.

My humble suggestion: if you want to keep low the number of clicks for
the install: move the step that asks to create a link on the desktop to
the custom install and present this during the typical install.

Best regard,
Emanuele