incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:38:58 GMT
On 06/01/2012 09:48 PM, Felix Brown wrote:
> The reason I removed the program called Open Office 3.4 was:
> Today the automatic update to 3.4 happened.
> Today I opened a WordPad file, (Which I open often; It's my list of birthdays.);
> And to my surprise, Your piece of junk software had hijacked all of my documents
> to where they open with Open Office ; AND THAT SURE AS HECK WAS NOT A CHOICE
> THAT I MADE.
>

> I hate programs that act like a virus.
> Fix this ; Then tell me, (IN PERSON, BY EMAIL OF PHONE.) ; And then, MAYBE I'LL
> REINSTALL IT.
>

> Felix Brown
> 316 722-3744
> buy-a-thing-or-two@sbcglobal.net
Felix Brown was running an older version of OOo and the software was
automatically updated to 3.4 using a secondary package. He does not
believe that he said it was OK to change the permissions, but after
removing OOo his file associations are back to pre-OOo state. OOo is no
longer currently installed on the computer.

The primary purpose of his post was to indicate why he had removed OOo
so that it might be fixed in a future version.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php