incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: [UX] The Questions for users
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:59:03 GMT
Hi,

some notes inside.

Albino B Neto schrieb:
> Hi.
>
> Questions relating to research!
>
> We aren't in order to adjust.
>
> Sorry long text.
>
> Legend:
> - Questions
> -->Response options.
>
> ***
> - How old are you ?

Why this question?

> - What S.O you use ?
> -->Linux
> -->Mac
> -->Windows
> -->other [what]

The user might use different OS depending where he works, for example
Windows on the job and Linux at home. Do you want to know the OS of the
machine the user is currently using or the machine he is mostly using?

> - Use of Linux ? Wich graphic interface:
> -->GNOME
> -->KDE
> -->Lxde
> -->Others [what]

We want to know, whether Win98 is still used. So after answer "Windows"
a question for the type of Windows should follow.

> - Where do you use Apache OpenOffice?
> -->Office
> -->Company
> -->Telecenter
> -->Others [whatl]

What is the difference between 'Office' and 'Company'? What is a
'Telecenter'?
I miss 'puplic PC in school, university, or library'.

Again, do you mean the machine the user currently uses or the machine he
is mostly using?

> -Where to get support ?
> -->Manuals
> -->Mailling list
> -->Friends
> -->Others [what]

'Forum' is missing.

> -Where do you want to get support ?
> -->Manuals
> -->Mailing list
> -->Friends
> -->Others [whatl]

'Forum' is missing.

> -How often do you use Apahce OpenOffice ?
> -->Sometimes
> -->With frequency
> -->Daily

What is 'Sometimes' and 'With frequency'? What about a question "When
did you use AOO the last time?'

> - How much time you spend on the computer ?
> -->30 min to 1 hora
> -->1h to 3h
> -->3h to 5h
> -->More of 8h

There might be a large difference between workdays and weekend.

> - As you consider using the computer ?
> -->Beginner
> -->intermediate
> -->Advanced (expert)
>
> -How important computer for you:
> -->unimportant
> -->insignificant
> -->Very Important

Both will mostly give the middle answer. Try to find four answers.

What do you want to learn from these questions?

> -How do you consider a nice software?
> -->With enough buttons
> -->Buttons significant
> -->Buttons simple and agile
> -->Results
> -->Buttons and good visual meanings.
> ***

Why the focus on buttons? You might ask which other software the user
thinks is 'nice' and why.

> Accepted reviews and more questions.

Questions for the tasks, which where solved with Apache OpenOffice.

Question how the commands are used: menu via mouse/touch pad, buttons
via mouse, keyboard short cuts, menu via keyboard

Some questions make no sense, if the user installs Apache OpenOffice the
first time. So a switch might be necessary.

Kind regards
Regina