incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:28:50 GMT
Hi,

On 01.06.2012 15:09, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 5:58 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
> <orwittmann@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>>

>>> (3) Fill the landing page [6] with content and links and activate tracking
>>> for
>>> this page.
>>> -- at least one volunteer is needed here.
>>

>> Instead of a new landing page it looks like that we will go for the
>> corresponding NL pages.
>> I will update the links in the XML document accordingly.
>> Rob: Can you provide the URL parameters for the Google Analytics tracking?
>> I will use "?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade" when
>> I am updating the XML document. Please refine, if needed - Thx in advance.
>>

> That is correct for upgrades from the 3.3 client.   But we would
> change the "utm_source" parameter when we enable OOo 3.2. updates.
>
> Also, if we follow Andrea's proposal, we don't link to the NL home
> page, but to the NL's download page directly.   (If I understand
> correctly).
>
> For example, Spanish upgrade URL would be:
>
> http://www.openoffice.org/es/descargar/index.html?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade

I have check some of the NL pages. Some are linking to localized download sites,
some to the English one.

For our first phase we only need the Italian one. This is already available [1].

I will fill the XML document check.Update.full with the localized download
pages. The languages which have no localized ones I will keep the NL home page.
We have then time until next Thursday to update these pages and the
corresponding links.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/

Best regards, Oliver.