incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject [UX] Working with old UX wiki pages
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 14:11:23 GMT
Hi all,

there exists a lot of UX relevant pages in the MediaWiki. There had been
a lot of ideas and wishes on the ooo-users@incubator.apache.org
recently. I have pointed them to Bugzilla and to these UX pages. But
that seems to be wrong.

I think, that a decision is needed, how to handle this stuff in future.
I see this problems:

(1)
Currently some (all?) pages are assigned to category 'outdated', but
that is not very obvious.

Most of this pages have the template {{user experience}} integrated. My
suggestion is, to put a note into this template.

(2)
At OOo times there was only the MediaWiki. But now we have the MediaWiki
and the CWiki. My suggestion is, to use the MediaWiki only for those
things, which are not connected with core development and not connected
with community building. With this premise, UX work should be on the
CWiki. That Wiki is writable for all too, so it would be no constrain in
participation.

(3)
UX had a project "Better defaults". I thing it is worth to continue.
"Better defaults" are often small changes which might be suitable for
development beginners to explore the source and can be used as "easy
hack", if they find an experienced developer to guide.

Kind regards
Regina