incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 12:29:43 GMT
Hi,

some status update - see below

> Hi,
>
> next and refined steps - see below.
>
> Please hold me back, if the schedule is too tough.
>
> Best regards, Oliver.

>> [snip]
>>

>> Ok.
>> Roberto, Rob and Kay are in favor to activate the update service only for a part
>> of the possible OOo 3.3 instances in order to check, if the traffic can be
>> handled. No objections from my side.
>>
>> One important remark which I had not given yet:
>> When we had the redirect from [5] to [4] established by the ASF infrastructure
>> team, all (yes, all) installed OOo 3.3 instances in which the check of updates
>> is initiated will get the XML document. Whose which find an entry with their
>> data (language, platform, architecture) will state that an update is available.
>> All the others will state that the OOo 3.3 installation is up to date.
>>

>> To start this first phase the following tasks need to be finished:
>> (1) Choose the OOo 3.3 candidates for the first phase.
>> -- orw's proposal: italian on all four platforms
>
> It looks like we will go for it.
> Thus, I will reduce the current XML document to the italian entries.

I have updated the current XML document [1]
The full version can be found at [2] or [3].

>> (2) Get in contact with the ASF infrastructure team to get the redirect
>> established at a certain day.
>> -- orw is volunteering for this task
>
> I will try to get in contact with ASF infrastructure team today.
>
>> (3) Fill the landing page [6] with content and links and activate tracking for
>> this page.
>> -- at least one volunteer is needed here.
>
> Instead of a new landing page it looks like that we will go for the
> corresponding NL pages.
> I will update the links in the XML document accordingly.
> Rob: Can you provide the URL parameters for the Google Analytics tracking?
> I will use "?utm_source=OOo3_3&utm_medium=Client&utm_campaign=Upgrade" when I
am
> updating the XML document. Please refine, if needed - Thx in advance.

The XML document (and the full version) now contain links to the NL pages
inclusive the Google Analytics tracking parameter.

>> (4) Choose the time frame for the first phase.
>> -- orw's proposal: 2012-07-05 until 2012-07-08 (if redirect can be established
>> on Tuesday, 2012-07-05 and task (3) can be finished until Monday.)
>>

> Needs to be read: 2012-06-05 until 2012-06-08
> As the italian NL page is in a good shape and no objections are raised so far I
> think we can go for it.

[1] http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update36/ProductUpdateService/check.Update
[2]
http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update36/ProductUpdateService/check.Update.full