incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [HEADS UP] Re: [UPDATE SERVICE] proposal a OOo 3.3 update service
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2012 08:55:05 GMT
Hi,

On 31.05.2012 18:46, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:38 AM, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>> Ok.
>> Roberto, Rob and Kay are in favor to activate the update service only for a
>> part of the possible OOo 3.3 instances in order to check, if the traffic can
>> be handled. No objections from my side.
>>
>> One important remark which I had not given yet:
>> When we had the redirect from [5] to [4] established by the ASF
>> infrastructure team, all (yes, all) installed OOo 3.3 instances in which the
>> check of updates is initiated will get the XML document. Whose which find an
>> entry with their data (language, platform, architecture) will state that an
>> update is available. All the others will state that the OOo 3.3 installation
>> is up to date.
>
> Clear.
>
>> To start this first phase the following tasks need to be finished:
>> (1) Choose the OOo 3.3 candidates for the first phase.
>> -- orw's proposal: italian on all four platforms
>
> agree
>
>> (2) Get in contact with the ASF infrastructure team to get the redirect
>> established at a certain day.
>> -- orw is volunteering for this task
>> (3) Fill the landing page [6] with content and links and activate tracking
>> for this page.
>> -- at least one volunteer is needed here.
>
> I can volunteer for this, do we have a draft text for that?

No, there is no draft.
But Rob suggested in his reply to provide links to the corresponding NL pages.
Andrea second it and I am also in favor of it. It would save us some resources.
The needed updates to the NL pages have to be done nevertheless in my opinion.

>> (4) Choose the time frame for the first phase.
>> -- orw's proposal: 2012-07-05 until 2012-07-08 (if redirect can be
>> established on Tuesday, 2012-07-05 and task (3) can be finished until
>> Monday.)
>
> SourceForge's side we are ok with this tentative schedule.

I meant 2012-06-05 until 2012-06-08, as it has been already recognized.

Best regards, Oliver.