incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Louis Suárez-Potts <lui...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3,027,168 downloads
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 15:53:22 GMT
Hi all,

On 2012-06-06, at 11:29 , Rory O'Farrell wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:57:52 -0400
> Donald Harbison <dpharbison@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> We hit 3 million early this morning.
>>>

>> Onwards!
>>
>> This is great to see.
>
> The sidebar link on the main landing page
> http://www.openoffice.org/
> ought be updated.  It is still reporting 1 Million downloads!

Hey, nothing wrong with nostalgia :-)

But yeah, let's not help our detractors *too* much.

BTW, having witnessed the way in which OOo downloads increased not only as the application
improved (thanks) but also as more used it, making it safer for others to try it and for public
sectors to adopt it (gov't, schools, etc.), the curve only will get steeper. I expect too
that those who have forestalled installing competitors or who have delayed the migration they've
been wanting until they could see whether OO as reinvigorated in Apache was real, are now
getting ready to install the suite. So, over the next month I would not be surprised to see
even greater numbers.

And all this means that ecosystems supporting those new and old-time users need to get in
gear.

Louis