incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: 2012-06-05 Status: PPMC and Committer Roster
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:53:44 GMT

On Jun 6, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> @Dave,
>
> The people in Pending=PPMC? state are those eligible who have not established themselves
as PPMC members.  Some are initial committers (all of whom are eligible) and some are those
that offered PPMC membership to along with their invitation to be committers.

17 is a large number.

At this point if an Initial Committer has yet to join the PPMC we should conclude that they
are not interested. I don't think that these should remain open questions. If individuals
have become committers, but N months later they have not joined the PPMC then we need to assume
that they are not interested. I'm not sure what a reasonable N should be, but I think that
there has to be a time limit that is on the scale of months or weeks and not a whole year.

> Those committers who have left the PPMC, who declined to be on the PPMC, or who were
not eligible to be on the PPMC do not have Pending=PPMC?

Good.

> Members of the PPMC can determine the specific cases by examining the roster spreadsheet
in the PPMC-private SVN subtree.  (Commit messages of updates there appear on the ooo-private
list.)

Sure, and you are doing a wonderful job!

Regards,
Dave

> - Dennis

for Initial Committers. Are you including those who were only offered Committer status?