incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 12:04:18 GMT
Hi Yuri,

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:10:45AM +0000, Yuri Dario wrote:
> > Res. id. 3005, in the context you mentioned, is
> > RID_STR_SYNCHRONIZING_REPOSITORY in
> > main/desktop/source/deployment/manager/dp_manager.src
> > I cannot reproduce the missing resource here, nor can find something
> > wrong in the source code. Try setting a conditional break point in
>
> I found the reason: the code is correct, but DEPLOYMENT.DLL is built
> as DEPLOY.DLL using a shorter TARGET name in makefile.mk; thus also
> res files are built with short name, while code expects to find the
> long name.

I see you changed the resource name in the makefile and
main/scp2/source/ooo/file_resource_ooo.scp

Is this really needed? As you have seen, changing the resource name is
rather error prone.

> This explains also the crash in extension manager, Resource::GetRes()
> in RC.CXX crashes because of null pointer. Is this a feature or a bug?

Crashing is never a feature ;) at least not in a product build.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina