incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OS/2 missing strings id 3005 and 17500
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:41:05 GMT
Hi Yuri,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 03:43:38PM +0000, Yuri Dario wrote:
> Hi,
>
> at first startup of AOO, in the splash screen I see a message about a
> 'missing resource id 3005'.
> String resource 17500 is missing in the OO file dialog.
>
> Where are these strings built?

Res. id. 17500 is STR_SVT_MIMETYPE_CNT_FSYSBOX  in svl

main/svl/inc/svl/svl.hrc
main/svl/source/misc/mediatyp.src

and the bug should be fixed with revision 1354260. Verify by opening the
office filepicker, press the "Up One Level" menu button to display the
PopupMenu, without the patch the root file system has no label or, in
a non product build, a label indicating a missing resource; with the
patch you should see "Workplace" as label.

Res. id. 3005, in the context you mentioned, is
RID_STR_SYNCHRONIZING_REPOSITORY in
main/desktop/source/deployment/manager/dp_manager.src

I cannot reproduce the missing resource here, nor can find something
wrong in the source code. Try setting a conditional break point in
dp_misc::getResourceString for id==3005, here I get the string as
expected: "Synchronizing repository for %NAME extensions"

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina