incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [QE]3.4.1 snapshot builds installation testing
Date Tue, 26 Jun 2012 06:57:09 GMT
Hi lou ql

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 02:30:12PM +0800, lou ql wrote:
>    Today I tested RPM build r1351960:
>    Apache_OpenOffice_incubating-Dev_AOO341m1_Linux_x86_install-rpm_en-US.tar.gz
>
>    There are no desktop-integration rpm packages...

This is as designed: Developer Snapshot builds do not have
system/desktop integration (yes, the naming we've been using is rather
confusing, because we've been naming betas with desktop integration also
Dev. Snapshots, and we've been placing them all in the same page - IMHO
something we should fix in the future, in OOo times the distinction
between Dev. Snaps. - builds from trunk - and alphas/betas
- builds from current release branch - was more clear).

>    installed on redhat 6.1 and suse 11:
>    1. install: rpm -ivh *.rpm, pass
>    2. version No. in help->about panel is 3.4.1
>    3. package name list by command "rpm -qa | grep ooo" contains "3.4.1"
>    4. launch from /opt/ooo-dev3/program/soffice, works
>    5. bundled Extensions: 5 English dictionaries, Presentation Minimizer,
>    Presenter Console
>    6. English dic works: red wave lines under misspelled words, suggestions
>    appears in context menus
>    7. a module about CoinMP library exists in
>    /opt/ooo-dev3/share/readme/NOTICE file
>    8. help->check for Update failed. I attached the screenshot

yes, this is a non existent URL:

http://www.openoffice.org/projects/update/aoo341/check.Update?pkgfmt=rpm
does not exist.

>    9. no quickstarter

You have to enable it:
Tools - Options... - OOo-Dev - Memory - check "Enable systray
Quickstarter"

>    10. remove: rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep ooo`, pass
>
>    not try upgrade:
>    1: 3.4 not support upgrade on linux
>    2: the snapshot build has different package name and cannot replace the
>    released openoffice

this two are obvious: this is a Developer Snapshot, it is not supposed
to update the current default installation (though in theory it should
update any other previous Developer Snapshot - "in theory" == update is
completely broken on Linux, a full removal is required).

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina