incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Frequent crashes when opening files with AOO 3.4.0?
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2012 21:26:33 GMT
On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 23:12:33 +0200
Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:

> I've been facing some weird behavior rather recently (since last week perhaps) on my
Vista system with AOO 3.4.0. No OS udpdate that I know of (corporate machine, important updates
have to be run manually, some patches applied live but we usually see the script that installs
them and it has not been the case for a long time).

> I work with files between 1MB and 6MB containing up to 100 pictures embedded (each smaller
than 100kB), and a lot of tables (up to 500).
> Content is mail pasted in .odt files with removal of most of the formatting. I also use
macros to remove any custom style that is not applied so styles number is under control.
> It can happen on small .ods files too (the file without being edited previously!).
>
> Crash usually occurs when I open a file or within few seconds (link with repagination?)
or as soon as I reach some place (can reproduce the crash easily: if I don't do anything,
no crash, the moment I move the cursor to a certain place, crash). If I type something before
the crash and save (no need to close), it usually fixes the problem.
> Had never experienced such behavior before. Probability is quite the same between small
and big files.

> Has anyone experienced such problem?
> NB: had reset the user profile when installing AOO.
>
> All files are confidential so can't upload any. Can't make a sample one that would reproduce
the issue yet so no bug report possible for the moment.
> Something not tried yet: reset the profile just after a crash to see if it still crashes
with a new profile.
> NB: no data loss, either auto-recovery does its job or it occurs before I can type anything.
>
> Hagar

For testing purposes and upload could you not change every character to x (I remember a regular
expression in the Forum to do that) and replace all photos with something non private?

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>