incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "faith@filepuma.com" <fa...@filepuma.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Business Partnership Inquiry
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2012 06:47:09 GMT
Hi dear Sir,

Glad to receive your reply, and thanks for your corrections.

We have corrected the content you have mentioned, including the publishier, name and so on.
About the License,  we are going to divide Freeware into Freeware and Open source in detail.

Thanks for your time. If you have any other inquiry, please feel free to contact us. Have
a nice day!

Best wishes,

Faith
faith@filepuma.com
Filepuma.com

2012-06-21

faith@filepuma.com

From:  Rob Weir
Date:  2012-06-20  23:31:00
To:  ooo-dev; faith@filepuma.com
Subject:  Re: OpenOffice.org Business Partnership Inquiry

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 3:10 AM, faith@filepuma.com <faith@filepuma.com> wrote:
> Hi OpenOffice.org Webmaster,
>
> I'm sorry to bother you.
> I am Faith from Filepuma.com. I write to you just to consult whether we can have a potential
chance to cooperate with you. And recently we have updated your product at our site that you
can have a visit.

Hello Faith,
I see the listing here:
http://www.filepuma.com/download/openoffice.org_3.4-767/
Is that the right listing?  If so, I'd like to suggest some corrections:
1) The name of the product is "Apache OpenOffice", not OpenOffice.org.
 (This is a new change, starting with the 3.4 release.
2)  The license is "Apache License 2.0".  It is not "freeware".  Does
your website make that distinction, between freeware and open source?
 Strictly speaking, "freeware" is only a statement about the initial
cost, that the software is available for free download.  But many
freeware products ask for payment, either after a period of time, or
to unlock advanced features.   Open source software does not do that.
It is free to use, copy, redistribute, etc.  Open source software also
comes with the source code of the application, allowing programmers to
study, modify and enhance the application.  Freeware does not.
3) The publisher should be "Apache Software Foundation", not
OpenOffice.org.  This is also a new change starting with our 3.4
release.
> Filepuma.com is a website for providing the simplest method of downloading the newest
versions of the best software, and we are not focusing on quantity but quality. To make your
downloads as fast as possible, we provide very fast servers with 100Mb connections.

> You are really a great tool and OpenOffice.org enjoys great reputation among users. We're
very interested in becoming the mirror for OpenOffice.org download. I'm sure our partnership
can guarantee you great advantages. We can do a few things to promote your program like newsletter
mentions and front-page exposure.

> If you have any other ideas we are very open and happy to discuss them on becoming OpenOffice.org's
mirror download link. What we want to have is a win-win relationship that benefits us both.
We strongly think that business cooperation between you and us will be a wise decision, and
both of us can have more triumphs.

If you want to host a copy of the Apache OpenOffice installer on your
website, then no further permission is required.  Redistribution is
permitted by the license.
If you want to be a mirror operator for Apache releases, then more
information can be found here:
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
If you have further questions, please cc the ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org list.
Regards,
-Rob
> Looking forward to receiving your feedback very much. Thanks for your time.
>
> P.S. If answering mails like this one is not among your daily tasks, please forward it
to the appropriate executive. Thanks again.