incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Should we start posting regular dev snapshot builds for 3.4.1 or 3.5?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 15:04:14 GMT
On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 10:53:51AM -0400, Rob Weir wrote:
> I've seeing a lot of bug fixes coming in.  This is great!
>
> But none of us are perfect.  Sometimes bug fixes don't work or fixing
> one bug causes another problem.    That is why we test.   And it is
> best to test a bug fix before too much time has elapsed.
>
> Would it make sense to agree on a date to post an updated dev
> snapshot, so we can verify the bug fixes and ensure that no new
> instability has been introduced?  Maybe get into the practice of doing
> this regularly, e.g., every 1 or 2 weeks or something.

IMO first we should decide if building 3.4.1 alphas/betas or 3.5 Developer
Snapshots; yes, the naming is a mess, we should clear this up, also
clear the page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
IIRC in OOo times, Developer Snapshots where builds from the main code
line, for example http://hg.services.openoffice.org/DEV300/
Betas where from the release code line, for example
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340/
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO330/
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO320/

I guess we could build both, at different intervals, a 3.5 Dev.Snap. per
month and a 3.4.1 beta every week or two, for example.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina