incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject $PERL not respected (was: buildbot failure in ASF Buildbot on openoffice-linux64-nightly)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 20:43:16 GMT
On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:42:19PM +0200, Herbert Duerr wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 06/08/2012 07:20 PM, you wrote:
> >I believe the current build problems are due to the change in the
> >location of external tar balls.
> >How should the build get these using the new script?
>
> Looking through the logs I saw
> ./bootstrap: 46: download_external_dependencies.pl: Permission denied
> and that pointed at missing execute permissions for that script.
>
> I committed the fix as revision 1348184

Looking at bootstrap.1, that file gets executed by a system perl
(supposed you have one installed), not respecting the perl set with
--with-perl-home, stored in $PERL.

I should try a full build renaming /usr/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl.foo
and configuring with --with-perl-home, I guess there will be more places
than the ones found in the attached patch.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina