incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for Apache License for CWSs
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2012 11:44:51 GMT
Hi Eike,

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 01:28:59PM +0200, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday, 2012-05-23 13:54:31 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
>
> > For AOO itself the CWS calcishmakkica is important.
>
> I'd like to bring this up on the radar again. The CWS contains important
> work implementing spreadsheet formulas defined by ODF OpenFormula, done
> by Marina during an OOo internship, myself as mentor and Daniel for the
> Excel import/export.

If Marina was in the internship program, then she was not an Oracle
employee, and the joint copyright assignment she signed does not take
her rights over the code. AINAL, but I guess the situation is different
with code written by former Oracle employees working for OOo.

> It would be unnecessary to redo all the work, which
> is quite some amount, if we could get the changes of this CWS under ALv2
> soon.
>
> So how to proceed?

If my interpretation is right, Marina can take all the code she wrote in
this CWS and commit it in LO and/or AOO without asking Oracle's
permission.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile